The Livingston Free Library is located at 90 Old Post Road (County Route 19) in the hamlet of Livingston. It is 0.1 mile north of the Livingston Town Hall.
Directions from Red Hook, NY:
• Head 11.8 miles North on Rt. 9
• Bear right onto County Rt. 19 (Old Post Road)
• Library is 0.4 mile on County Rt. 19 on left
Directions from Hannaford Supermarket ( Junction of Rt. 9/ 9H and Rt. 82)
• Head South on US Rt. 9 for 1.8 miles
• Turn left onto County Rt. 19 (Old Post Road) for 0.4 miles
• Library is on the right
Livingston Free Library
90 County Route 19, P.O. Box 105
Livingston, New York 12541
History of the Library:
The Livingston Free Library was organized by Cora D. Reeve on November 16, 1906. The library was originally located in the Livingston Town Hall. The library received its provisional charter on December 13, 1906.
Ida C. Potts gave the Livingston Free Library Association money to buy land and build a library. This building, the current library was dedicated on September 24, 1914. This building came with a large carved piano on one corner.
In July of 2001, an addition was completed to the original structure. This included a handicap ramp, additional space for the collections, computers, printer circulation desk and a bathroom.