History of the Library
The Livingston Free Library was organized by Cora D. Reeve on November 16, 1906. The library was originally located in the Livingston Town Hall. The library received its provisional charter on December 13, 1906.
Ida C. Potts gave the Livingston Free Library Association money to buy land and build a library. This building, the current library was dedicated on September 24, 1914. This building came with a large carved piano on one corner.
In July of 2001, an addition was completed to the original structure. This included a handicap ramp, additional space for the collections, computers, printer circulation desk and a bathroom.